• Diagnose and treat chronic pain syndromes
• Reduce pain and increase comfort
• Increase the ability to manage pain and its related problems
• Increase physical capabilities and activities
• Support the return to productive activity
• Increase coping, self-care, and stress management skills
• Improve psychosocial adjustments and quality of life
Distinctive features of our institute include:• Comprehensive assessments and team determination of treatments that focus on attaining positive long-term outcomes.
• Concurrent use of various treatment modalities such as medical procedures, physical therapy, and relaxation
techniques that may hasten the healing process.
• The use of acupuncture and percutaneous or transcutaneous nerve stimulation to decrease pain.
• Opportunities for learning skills that minimize or prevent recurring pain.
• Individualized education regarding specific chronic pain syndromes, procedures, and treatment plan.
• Encouragement of the patient’s active participation in the treatment plan, including family members when appropriate.